Summer Academic Day Camp
On Monday night, buses and vans go into Hermitage and South and West Nashville. On Tuesday nights, these vehicles go into East and North Nashville.
Children, ages 3 through 18… Each learning center teaches 30 to 60 children.
A typical day includes:
- 10:00 am – Morning Assembly
- 10:30 am – Rotation 1
- 11:00 am – Rotation 2
- 11:30 am – Rotation 3
- 12:00 pm – Rotation 4
- 12:30 pm – Break
- 12:35 pm – Recess/Free Time Outdoors
- 1:00 pm – Lunch
- 1:30 pm – Time with Reading Buddies
- 2:00 pm – Bible lesson, crafts, activity rotations
- 3:30 pm – Dismissal and board buses to go home
The day campers are also enjoying field trips to area attractions such as the Nashville Zoo, splash pads, museums, and skating. Each week has a specific theme, such as animals and sports.
Goals of the Summer Academic Day Camps include:
- To have each student at or above their expected grade level in reading. Metro Nashville Public School teachers who volunteer with the program will determine the reading level of each student at the beginning of the previous school year and will use that baseline to determine progress through the summer.
- To provide each student who attends Academic Day Camp or Leadership Development Camp and the teens who participate in NICM programs with age-appropriate (elementary boy/girl, middle school boy/girl and teen boy/girl) backpacks and supplies. In order to provide the students with these backpacks, Nashville Inner City Ministry is asking for help from the Nashville community. If you would like to purchase supplies for a backpack click HERE or to make a donation to sponsor a backpack, click on the link below.
Support The Academic Day Camp!
For more information on our Academic Summer Day Camps or how you can get involved or provide support, please email Todd Flowers at ToddFlowers@innercityministry.org.